2 of 2
IT’S EASY BEING GREEN
Posted: 28 August 2008 09:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2008-06-24

How much do you think it costs to put in a solar system to power your home? Better yet, can you purchase a system that fits in your home that generates enough power to power your home!?

Posted: 02 September 2008 08:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2008-06-24

I just read an article about the Sam’s Club Home Efficiency solar center and how much it costs to create energy. It’s a lot of money. 10,000 dollars for one kilowatt. And they guess a $35,000 system will save $96,000 over the life of the solar panels. That’s a good deal, but we don’t all have that money up front. :/
http://www.ecogeek.org/content/view/2011/83/

Posted: 02 September 2008 08:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2008-06-24

I was doing a little research myself and it seems the energy demand for a house can spike up to 10 or 15 Kilowatt hours at peak moments, but averages about 2-3.5 KWH. I would think having the Solar at two panels [$20,000] would help reduce the amount of power drawn from the utility company. At least it helps and helps the grid and environment. At least that’s how it seems to me.

Posted: 03 September 2008 10:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2008-06-24

If more states provided the service that Connecticut is, maybe more people would invest in solar: http://www.amalfiresearch.com/blog/2008/08/connecticut-announces-solar-lease.html

Posted: 16 September 2008 09:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2008-06-24

A simple way to green your house is to put a white roof on it! It’s the new low tech rage. Until solar panels are more feasible for the average home owner of course.

Posted: 17 September 2008 11:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2008-06-16

Another easy way to be green is with Zevo-tek’s new Ionic light bulb! It’s an energy saving design with a built in ionizer. That’s an easy way to be green and take care of the pollutants in your own space. http://www.zevo-tek.com

Posted: 18 September 2008 01:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2008-06-24

How about vertical greenery? http://greenbuildingelements.com/2008/09/18/638/
This is a cool way to grow a garden, veggies or herbs. And it incorporates nature into your house. While not a lot of rain run off is captured at the side of the house [green roofs are best for that] on a Southern facing wall it can help cool the house in the summer. I think its a great idea since a lot of track housing leaves no room for a yard… put your yard on the wall!

Posted: 22 September 2008 09:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2008-06-24

I have a few helpful ideas or ways you can reduce your own energy consumption if you can’t afford any of the tech. It’s basic common sense, but ti’s good to see it fresh and think about what you might want to try out:
Energy Efficient light bulbs.
Lights on timers.
Turning off all appliances, computers, electronics when not in use at the present moment.
Turning off the water when you brush your teeth.
Short showers, invest in a space heater or better yet a comfortable robe to keep you warm after a shower.
Read a book instead of watch TV.
Use natural sunlight when you can.
Prepare meals that don’t use a microwave or stove.
Ride your bike or walk to the grocery store.
Take public transportation or arrange car pools where ever you can.
Try not to use heating or cooling unless absolutely necessary, and even then keep the temperature higher in the summer and lower in the winter.

Posted: 23 September 2008 09:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2008-06-24

Hey, for all of us on the computer all day, here’s a Soalr Powered Laptop charger! How cool is that?
http://www.gizmag.com/solargorilla-portable-laptop-charger/10055/

You can sit out in the park and enjoy your day and be online without worrying about the battery

Posted: 24 September 2008 08:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2008-06-16

Good news for the Ionic Light Bulb I posted about a few days ago, the company is integrating a shopping cart function into their website for regular consumers like us to purchase! http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/080924/ny34764.html?.v=1

Posted: 24 September 2008 11:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2008-04-14

That is good news but what would be even better is to hear some results on their efforts at the ERA convention in Las Vegas.  As an investor for quite some time now and I am sure when i say this I am not alone we need to see some sales from this company otherwise investors are going to loose interest which will be a devastating blow for ZVTK.

Posted: 30 September 2008 09:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2008-03-21

Since this is a green forum and all i thought it would be appropriate to ask if anyone who monitors this forum knows of any good renewable energy that could possibly make a run for it even if congress cant come to an agreement on a bill anytime soon.  I just believe that alternative fuels and green energy/technology is where the money will be flowing for some time as everyone around the world has come to realize that we need to do something and fast about our environment.  Oh and i am particularly interested in power generation fuels not wind and solar something on the lines of biodiesel.

Posted: 02 December 2008 05:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-12-01

This is a personal decision, but women age faster than men, and most men date girls 1, maybe 2 years younger than them while in college.

A common approach seems to be, step 1: graduate. Step 2: marry college sweet heart. Step 3: 20 years later, divorce for a younger, more virile spouse model.

Shouldn’t you just mess around for 20 more years and then find your wife? Seems like a better financial decision.

Or am I just way too shallow?

Posted: 09 December 2008 05:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-12-09

proem: I’m a schoolchild, looking toward being a CPA, but questioning my dash best, monied, and situation/life in general.

What are your thoughts on how your task affects you individualality? If you procure a soporific accounting job, do you change wearying? On the snap side, does a repetitious job in fact actuate you to be devil-may-care and enticing faint of task, craving fuss to equalize the sombre m‚tier environment?

What do you do the day you wake up and grasp you shrink your job? What if that’s EVERY morning? What are some textile jobs with which one can stump the rat-rip or on some satisfaction? I facsimile being a administer fuzz, firefighter, angel of mercy, etc. as being emotionally worthwhile, moreso than a enterprise consanguineous job.

Does anyone recognize a honourable spot to court one of those Job deployment tests, that pick all advantageously dashs for you? Are they accurate?

I’m hunch somewhat principled now, I prospect to start a urgent debate with some words of wisdom. Thanks guys

I see/differentiate too various people tasking jobs they shrink to gross means to buy things they don’t penury to try and abound in the emit caused by unhappiness with their life/job/wanimosityver. (refer to debate repel belabour, LOL). Is that how the domain tasks?

To sum it all up, I come up with I’m a cross, gleeful yourself currently. Is the domain after college the essence-crushing, numbing gizmo it can sound to be at times from this side of the fence?

2 of 2